When raising kids in our home our goal is to create an environment that shows them how to connect in relationship with God and each other. This is a highly imperfect journey and I’m always on the lookout for tools and resources to help. Here is a list of a few resources to explore for yourself.
- Parent Connection – a weekly blog post and/or document you receive before and after each fpKIDS event.
- FPC Family Ministry blog – members of our Family Ministry team actively blog throughout the week providing challenging insights, transparent moments and creative ideas for your family
- Parent Cue App – Whether you carry an iPhone or Android, there’s an app for you. The Parent Cue is a series of different activities, videos or conversation starters all based upon what your child learns every week if fpKIDS. It’s a great mix of entertaining videos for your kids and great tools for you.
- Parent Link Live – a monthly podcast found at orangeparents.org – This podcast is hosted for parents by parents and is a great source of encouragement and focus.
- Orangeparents.org – a blog filled with challenging insights into parenting from preschool to adulthood.
- Words Kids Need to Hear – author David Staal offers very simple advice and guidance regarding the things our kids need to hear from us most.
- Parenting Beyond Your Capacity – biological parent, step parent, grandparent, foster parent… no matter where you land if you have kids under 18 years old living in your home this is a MUST READ.
- Legacy Path – a great book with practical guidance to identify the ways you can capitalize on the bigger moments of life to teach your child to follow Jesus