To further the conversation started by the weekend message, use these discussion questions in a group study or for personal reflection.
Pain v. Pleasure
1. Often we have good intentions to get something done. What is one thing you have intended to do but have not done?
2. Pastor Chris spoke of how we assign pain or pleasure to things. What are some things to which you assign pain? What are some things to which you assign pleasure? Where do the things of God (going to church, Bible reading, serving, giving) fall?
3. To what have you assigned pleasure that eventually caused you pain?
4. Three specific things can have a major influence on our perceptions – the flesh (in us), the world (around us), and the devil (against us). Share examples of where you struggle with any of these. In what practical ways can we overcome these influences?
5. Share a time when you had a hunger for God.
6. Pastor Chris spoke of loving the Word of God. Share your favorite verse or passage, and why you chose it.