Discussion Questions: Don’t Bite the Bait
To further the conversation started by the weekend message, use these discussion questions in a group study or for personal reflection. Audio and video of the topic may be found here.
1. Pastor Chris shared how Satan uses the bait of offenses to harden our hearts and diminish our relationships. How have you seen this bait used with success in your life of the lives of others you know?
2. After we are hurt, we build walls around our hearts to prevent more pain. It also leads to fear and skepticism. Describe a time when you were unwilling to open your heart to someone because of past offenses?
3. How do the past offenses of one person impact future relationships with others?
4. Ultimately, the walls we built for protection become our prison. How do we tear down these walls? What role does forgiveness play in ensuring this freedom?
6. Forgiveness is something, as Christ followers, we’ve experienced. How do we extend the gift of forgiveness to others?