Discussion Questions: Let It Go
To further the conversation started by the weekend message, use these discussion questions in a group study or for personal reflection. Audio and video of the topic may be found here.
1. We are always supposed to believe in truth found in scripture and not necessarily in our circumstances. Share when these two could be in alignment and share when they may be different.
2. Pastor Chris stated we should stay submitted to God and not offended by others. How do we stay submitted to God? What does this look like in the life of a believer?
3. Share about a time when you were submitted. Next, share about a time when you might have struggled to be or to stay submitted.
4. How have others offended you? How have you forgiven these offenses?
5. David and Joseph are examples of people who were offended but who did not act in retaliation. Does retaliation resolve issues or complicate things? How so?
6. God has given us forgiveness in abundance. Is forgiveness from God easy to receive? Why or why not? Is forgiveness easy to give to others? Why or why not?
Special Note: Pastor Chris is asking for 100% participation in the Heart for the Harvest on November 17th & 18th. To prepare, he has asked us to participate in a 21-day fast leading up to that weekend. How will you participate? How is God speaking to you about giving that weekend? How are you seeking His guidance?