To further the conversation started by the weekend message, use these discussion questions in a group study or for personal reflection.
1. God has made two main covenants with His people that we find in Scripture. The first being the law in the Old Testament, and the second being grace which we find in the New Testament. Describe these two covenants in your own words.
2. Under the law even the best failed and that under grace even the worst are received by God. In light of this comparison how do you view God’s grace?
3. Pastor Chris shared that “the law reveals our deficiencies and grace reveals God’s sufficiency”. Talk about a time when you tried to work your way into God’s favor or relied on your own abilities.
4. Often times we live in bondage when freedom is available which we can come to understand through God’s Word. Have you come to an understanding of God’s grace in His Word?
5. We saw the illustration of the balance between the law and grace on the scales. Describe how God’s grace is sufficient and outweighs the law.