Discusssion Questions: Fun House Week Three
To further the conversation started by the weekend message, use these discussion questions in a group study or for personal reflection.
Our message this week is about trust – trust in God.
1. We all have dealt with a subject or a period of time in which our trust in God to provide for us waivered.
- When is it the most difficult to truly trust in God? Is there a particular period in life, one or more specific areas of your life, or specific circumstances in which it is difficult to trust in God?
- Share about a time when you struggled to trust God to provide for your needs. If that situation or time is behind you, reflect on the situation and share how you now see God having moved or answering your needs in that situation or time period.
2. Pastor shared that being in the fun house is like finding ourselves behind enemy lines. He said that in this scenario typically a soldier would hide from the enemy, look for people from their side or team, and would work to get back to where they belong.
- In what ways can we hide from, or avoid, the enemy?
- Why is it important to look for people from our team? In what ways do we help each other while we are behind enemy lines?
- We should focus on getting to the side where we belong, His kingdom. Read Matthew 6:33. What does “seeking His kingdom first” look like in our daily lives? In what practical ways do we, or can we, do this?
3. Pastor closed with the thought that we must fix our eyes upon Jesus.
- While this is simple in theory, sometimes this is more difficult to put in to practice. Why is that? What are the struggles or obstacles that present themselves when we fix our eyes upon Jesus? How can we prepare ourselves in advance to respond to those obstacles?
Faith Promises’ scripture verse for 2013: