Discussion Questions – Fun House – Week 4 / Final Week
To further the conversation started by the weekend message, use these discussion questions in a group study or for personal reflection.
Our message this week is on dressing for success – the Armor of God.
1. Dressing for success sets us up to win in the fun house. The key is to understand that you need to dress for the not just the natural world, but also more importantly for the spiritual world. We have to understand that we are to remember that we are not dressing as much for the worlds’ fashion show, but more so for the Fathers’ fashion show. Describe what is meant by this. What is the difference between the two?
2. Pastor focused on the action verbs in Ephesians 6:10-20 such as “stay strong”, “put on”, “struggle”, “stand firm”, “take up”, etc. Walk through each of these discussing what the action is and expanding on that to discuss why each action in its complete statement is important in our walk with God while we are in the fun house. For example, we are told in verse 10 to “be strong in the Lord and in His might”. What does being “strong in the Lord” mean, and why is it important that we take note that scripture reads “His might”, not ours?
3. Pastor closed with 6 suggestions for areas we need to be conscious of. Discuss each of these, what they mean, and how they can be applied to our daily walk :
- be in prayer
- stay surrendered
- dress in the Armor of God
- fix your eyes on Jesus
- Remind yourselves that you are behind enemy lines
- remember that you are the salt & light, a soldier, an ambassador, and a missionary
Faith Promises’ scripture verse for 2013: