The Crossing Week 4 – Discussion Questions
God’s ultimate purpose for a Red Sea moment in our lives is to bring Him glory.
At the beginning of Heart for the Harvest, Pastor Chris called our church to a time of prayer and fasting. How does a set time of prayer and fasting help us to renew our minds and our focus? Can you share how prayer and fasting has made a difference in your life?
Each year for the past few years Faith Promise has conducted what we call a Heart for the Harvest freewill offering. This year’s offering goes towards expanding our current campuses, opening new campuses, missions, and paying off debt. You can read more about this year’s specific projects here.
After passing through the Red Sea, the Lord gave Moses instructions for the tabernacle in which the Israelites would worship him. In order to build the tabernacle, a freewill offering was taken from the people (see Exodus 25:2). A freewill offering was not a required contribution like a tithe, but every man was to give as his heart moved him. The freewill offerings brought glory to God physically through the construction of a beautiful tabernacle in which to worship God, and their sacrificial giving brought glory to God by putting God in the right place in their hearts.
Read Exodus 14:4
1. Who orchestrated the moment when the Israelites were trapped at the Red Sea? How do you feel about that?
2. What if during a Red Sea moment you asked “How can God be glorified most in this?” How would that change your perspective or response?
3. Asking “How can God be glorified most in this?” is not our typical response when faced with a tough situation. How can we make this response more automatic?
Read Exodus 35:20-29
Notice the repetition of phrases regarding the hearts of the people who gave.
4. Did the people give willingly?
5. Do you think it was hard for them to give? Why or why not?
6. This week we conclude our Heart for the Harvest month of miracles. Do you have any stories to share of answered prayer from this past month?