fp Stephen Ministry is looking for new Stephen Ministers
When was the last time someone really listened to you? We’re talking about that non-distracted, full-attention kind of listening. That’s one of the ways our Stephen Ministry cares for others.
Stephen Ministers work alongside our pastors to care, encourage, and provide emotional and spiritual support to people who are going through a difficult time. The ministry is a wonderful opportunity to grow in faith, develop stronger relational skills, and bring Christ’s love into the lives of hurting people. If you have gifts for caring, encouragement, and listening, please begin to prayerfully consider whether you might want to be part of this one-to-one caring ministry.
Stephen Ministers meet regularly with another person to provide care. They also meet with other Stephen Ministers to support and encourage one another. Stephen Leaders provide training and supervision. When Stephen Leaders and Stephen Ministers work together, God accomplishes wonderful things!
Areas of Focus for Stephen Ministry
- Terminal Illness (includes families of dying persons)
- Hospitalization and Recuperation
- Lonely or Discouraged
- Spiritual Crisis
- Job Loss or Other Vocational Need
- Spouse or Parent of Person in Crisis
- Other Crisis Situation
- Nursing Home Resident
- Families of Those in Nursing Homes
- Homebound or Shut-In
- Convalescence or Rehabilitation
- Long-Term Care
Commitment Required of a Stephen Minister
It requires a high level of on-going commitment to become a Stephen Minister.
- Two year commitment to the ministry.
- Weekly meetings with Care Receiver.
- Bi-Weekly meetings with Stephen Ministry team for Continuing Education and Supervision Meetings.
- Initial 50 hour training course.
The weekly training classes will be conducted at the Pellissippi Campus in Room 222 beginning Tuesday January 6th at 6:30 pm.
How to Apply
- Fill out an application online no later than Tuesday, December 16th
- Interviews will be conducted.
- All participants will be informed of selection by December 31st.
Stephen Ministry is a vital part of the Groups Ministry here at Faith Promise Church. As with all of our groups, we focus on creating environments where people Encounter God, Embrace Others, and Engage the World Around Us.
This post was provided by Rick Henry.