This world doesn’t have the answers we need. We need to stop looking among the dead for the best for our families and instead look to the Living One.
What is one thing from your personal growth plan that makes you really excited for 2016? What is one thing that makes you really nervous?
After Jesus’ crucifixion, some of the women closest to him brought spices to his tomb to mourn and honor him. When they arrived, they were shocked to find that his body wasn’t there. As they stood there confused an angel said to them, “Why do you seek the living One among the dead?” Most of us would have done the same thing, right? In the natural, it only makes sense that Jesus’ body would still be waiting in the tomb. Thankfully, we serve a supernatural God.
Unfortunately, most of us still walk in the natural. We rely on our own abilities to make it through the day. This lack of faith extends to our family and friends. We believe the limitations this world has put on us. We buy into the lies that we hear everyday and repeat those lies to others as fact. If we want to see our relationships come alive in 2016 we have to stop looking to this world for advice. After all, why would we seek the living among the dead?
Stop _____________________ about your family
Read 2 Corinthians 10:5
- Pastor talked about speaking life into others. What does that mean? Do you tend to speak life into others or death?
- What lies did your family buy into growing up? What lies about yourself have you bought into?
- How have those lies affected you?
- How can you confront the lies brought against you? What does it mean to “take every thought captive”?
- What is one specific way you plan to speak life this week?
- Take a few minutes and speak life to each other. What do you love about each other? What aspect of your new reality in Christ do you need to be reminded about?
Stop looking to _______________________ for answers
- When you face a problem, where is the first place you look for answers?
- What things can this world provide answers for? If we put our faith in natural things, what will be the outcome?
Start relying on the _____________ that is already in you
Read Romans 8:11
- What power lives in you?
- How would it change your day tomorrow if you really believed God’s power was in you? How would it change your week and year?
- Why is it so much easier to rely on our own ability than to live by faith?
- When is it hardest for you to live by faith and trust in the Holy Spirit?
Read Romans 8:32
- God gave His son for you. Let that soak in. If God was willing to give His son for you, why is it so hard to have faith that He will give us everything we need?
- What promises of God are you believing for your family this year? How are you going to ensure you speak those promises over your family?