You can be a part of building the kingdom Jesus came to build. You can participate in His restoration and redemption of all creation by sharing His real love.
Whom did God place in your life that lead you to His kingdom, where you found restoration and redemption? Have you had the privilege of introducing others to God’s kingdom?
This week we discussed how we give because He gave. Our generous giving follows our growing devotion to Him and His mission of helping real people with real problems find real love. Heart for the Harvest is not just about an offering to build His kingdom; it’s about building His kingdom and inviting His kingdom to come on earth as it is in heaven.
Primary Scriptures: Matthew 6:10, 24; 16:24-27; 2 Corinthians 9:6-7
1. Many have said that the Kingdom of God is both now and not yet. 1 John 3:2 tells believers: “Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.” As we look to the the return of Christ, what excites you the most or gives you the most hope regarding His eternal reign? (Revelation 21:4 may be helpful.)
2. In what ways can a believer embrace the Father’s will? Share with each other your desire to commit to reveal Christ to others so that His kingdom will increase.
3. Discuss what it means when Matthew 6:24 says you cannot serve both God and money. As a believer, who ought to be your master? Think about what occupies your thoughts, time, and efforts the most. Do you need to ask God to change your focus in life?
4. Discuss what it means to take up your cross and follow Jesus. What does Jesus promise to those who “lose their life” and “take up their cross and follow Him”? How do these verses apply to your life?
5. Fear is often a stumbling block to giving to the church: we fear “running out” and not meeting our own needs. As believers, who do we know will meet our every need, according to His glorious riches (Philippians 4:19)? What do the verses in 2 Corinthians 9 say about a person who gives lavishly to grow God’s Kingdom? What kind of giver does God love? What kind of giver are you?
Discovery Bible Method:
For deeper study, as an alternative to the questions above, read Matthew 16:24-27 and use the Discovery Bible Method to explore how giving is part of expressing our love and God’s love to others.
Getting to know you:
Go around the room and share with each other either your favorite movie or book-Christian books included! Keep a list-you may find out a great source of entertainment or opportunity to learn.
Getting to know them :
Consider breaking into smaller groups of 2 or 3 during this time.
Talk with each other about giving. Did you grow up in a family that gave to the church or other charities? How has your attitude about giving changed through this series?
Getting to know Him:
Take time to encourage one another with what was discussed in group this week and share any stories of how God is working in your lives. Perhaps, brainstorm on how you can take up your cross and follow Jesus in specific ways this week.
Engaging at Faith Promise:
What is God laying on your heart for Heart for the Harvest? How are you praying for God to move in our church, in all of its locations? Ask Him to specifically show you and your group where you can be used in service as He grows His kingdom.
Engaging in Community:
If you are not already, discuss a ministry in your area where your group could serve to grow His kingdom. If you are currently serving, pray for God to reveal a fresh approach so that each member is actively engaged in growing God’s kingdom.
Engaging the World:
As we approach the holidays, consider sending care packages to troops or missionaries serving overseas. Locally, do you know someone who is alone for the holidays? Can you invite them to join in your Thanksgiving celebration?