Real people with real problems seeking real love: this is group!
We love to tell others about things we discover that excite us. Share with the group about something new you discovered or a group you joined that excited you and motivated you to tell others.
We can be blinded by believing that our own problems are bigger than other people and their needs. If we continue in this blindness, we will miss out on what God is doing in the lives of those around us. We must open our eyes and see the real people and real problems around us. As we encounter real people with real problems seeking real love, we grow together. God calls each of us not just to follow Jesus, but to lead others to do the same.
Primary Scripture: Matthew 28:18-20
1. Read Matthew 28:18-20. What does Jesus do first BEFORE He commissions the disciples to “GO!”?
2. Why do you think Jesus insists on informing His disciples of His authority and power before giving them their marching orders?
3. Jesus tells them to make disciples, “teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you.” Basically, the disciples are to do life with their own disciples just as Jesus did with them. What would this have looked like in the first century? How about today?
4. Jesus states, “…and remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Why would he add this statement to the end of His commission?
5. When we don’t grow together, we grow apart. Discuss why this happens.
Discovery Bible Method:
For deeper study, as an alternative to the questions above, read Matthew 28:16-20 and use the Discovery Bible Method to explore the Great Commission.
Engaging at Faith Promise:
Pray for the staff and the missionaries listed for your campus. Send a note of encouragement to a staff member, group member, or missionary this week. Let them know they are not in this alone.
Engaging in Community:
Prayerfully consider where your group can encounter people with physical and spiritual needs. Plan how to show real love by ways you can meet these needs.
Engaging the World:
In order to engage the world, we must encounter people and interact with them. Intentionally go somewhere new this week or take a different route and pray God will lead you to those needing His love.