When we put God first, everything else falls into place.
What is your favorite thing about summertime?
This week we begin a series on our 6 core values at Faith Promise:
1. We Put God First
2. We Tell Them of Him
3. We Grow Together
4. We Serve Others
5. We Give Generously
6. We Elevate Others
Primary Scripture: Mark 12:28-34
Read Mark 12:28-34.
1. Pastor Chris said “It’s not knowing God is first, it’s putting God first.” What occupies the most time in your life? Work? Family? Friends? Sports?
2. Faith isn’t something we fit in, but something we filter everything else through. Think about your answer to question 1. How can your faith act as a filter where you spend the most time?
2. How are you loving God? Do you spend time reading God’s word and talking to Him every day? If this is a struggle, what are your roadblocks? If this is something you do well, what strategies can you share?
Discovery Bible Method:
For deeper study, as an alternative to the questions above, read Mark 12:28-34 and use the Discovery Bible Method to explore the passage.
Suggestion: Consider breaking the group into dyads or triads for this section.
Share with your dyad or triad one thing you will do to connect with God this week. Check in with each other during the week and hold each other accountable.
Engage the World Around Us
Engaging at Faith Promise: Who supports your connection with God at Faith Promise? The worship ministry? Your campus Pastor? Send a thank you note this week!
Engaging in Community: As you connect this week with God in prayer, pray for the people in your local neighborhood.
Engaging the World: Pray for Faith Promise missionaries. Pray that they would put God first in their ministries and in their families.
Expand God’s Kingdom
Do you know someone wanting to know more about Faith Promise Church? This series is a great time to invite them to learn more about who we are and what we do!
ALL groups at Faith Promise should follow Jesus Christ and lead others to do the same. Below are the marks of a growing follower and disciple of Jesus.
– A follower of Jesus desires to encounter God through the deeper study and application of God’s Word.
– A follower of Jesus embraces people and values relationships on a deeper level so everyone can grow together.
– A follower of Jesus engages and serves the world around them and in their community, through local partners or God-directed opportunities.
– A follower of Jesus expands God’s Kingdom through development and multiplication of disciple-makers, possibly to lead more groups at Faith Promise.