Main Idea: Putting revival and eternity back in the forefront of our hearts and minds
Discussion Starter: Have you or anyone you know ever gone to a white tent revival? What do you think of when someone starts speaking about revival?
Introduction: This Sunday Pastor Chris discusses attitudes or mindsets that the church needs to embody in order to set us up for revival. With the directive of not grieving the Holy Spirit and carrying out the 3 “attitudes of revival,” comes a significant adjustment to some if not all our lives.
Watch this brief intro together with your group (click picture below):
Primary Scripture: Ephesians 4:30-32, Matthew 6:14-15, Hebrews 12:15, 1 Thessalonians 5:16-19, 2 Corinthians 9:6-13, 1 john 1:9, Matthew 7:8-11
1. What are the three attitudes of revival that can be found in these scriptures? Even if you have not seen this weekend’s sermon, what common themes should we be implementing in our lives from these verses?
2. What happens to us when we are not practicing these attitudes?
3. What does it mean to grieve the Holy Spirit?
Discovery Bible Method:
For deeper study, as an alternative to the questions above, read Ephesians 4:32 and use the Discovery Bible Method to explore the passage.
Suggestion: Consider breaking the group into dyads or triads for this section.
1. Getting to know you- Reflect back on the 3 “attitudes of revival.” You can discuss with your group or just think to yourselves, which of these is your strongest? Which of these attitudes should you work on this week?
2. Getting to know them- This week keep a gratitude list where you write at least 3 things you are grateful for every morning and bring it to our next week’s small group to share some of the gratitude’s and how the practice of focusing on them every morning helped to shape your week and your mindset.
3. Getting to know God- What are some accountability actions you and your small group can do this week to help each other remember to keep revival and eternity in the forefront of your mind?
Engage the World Around Us
Engaging at Faith Promise: Pray for revival within your group.
Engaging in Community: Pray for revival in your community. Remember that these were promises that God gave to His people, so in order to have revival we must share God’s real love and people must turn to Him.
Engaging the World: Pray that Faith Promise missionaries around the world would experience revival in their communities.
Expand God’s Kingdom
Who can you share this message with this week?
ALL groups at Faith Promise should follow Jesus Christ and lead others to do the same. Below are the marks of a growing follower and disciple of Jesus.
– A follower of Jesus desires to encounter God through the deeper study and application of God’s Word.
– A follower of Jesus embraces people and values relationships on a deeper level so everyone can grow together.
– A follower of Jesus engages and serves the world around them and in their community, through local partners or God-directed opportunities.
– A follower of Jesus expands God’s Kingdom through development and multiplication of disciple-makers, possibly to lead more groups at Faith Promise.