Revival Week 4 – Discussion Guide
Main Idea: Thanks to God’s will and initiation, revival is available to everyone.
Discussion Starter: Discuss a time when you learned from a mistake.
Introduction: This week Pastor Zac showed us the progression of revival and how revival is available to everyone through God’s will.
Watch this brief intro together with your group (click picture below):
Primary Scriptures: John 3:16, 2 Chronicles 7:14, Proverbs 14:22, Hebrews 12:4-11, Luke 15:20-23, Romans 6:23, Psalm 51:12
1. Pastor Zac quoted Henry Blackaby, who said, “Revival is a divinely initiated work in which God’s people pray, repent of their sin, and return to a holy, Spirit-filled, obedient love relationship with God.” Restate this definition in your own words.
2. Why is it important that God is the One who initiates revival?
3. There is a difference between discipline and punishment. Discipline is used to train, whereas punishment is a penalty for an offense. Read Hebrews 12:4-11. How has God disciplined you in the past or currently? Did you respond with appreciation?
4. In Progression 4, Pastor Zac points out that we cry out to God. Read Psalm 61:1-4. Why is being humble an essential element of crying out to God? Can you genuinely cry out to God while being prideful?
5. What is your biggest obstacle to moving from a “what if” revival is available mindset and life, to an “as if” one?
Discovery Bible Method:
For deeper study, as an alternative to the questions above, read Proverbs 14:22 and use the Discovery Bible Method to explore the passage.
Getting to know you: How can those in your group help you identify where you are on the revival progression?
Getting to know them: How can your group help each other take their next step in the revival progression?
Getting to know Him: Read Philippians 1:6. Take some time and reflect on how God started His work in you.
Engaging at Faith Promise: Since it is Pastor Appreciation Month, reach out and encourage a pastor at your campus this week.
Engaging in Community: Undoubtedly, God wants to bring revival to all of our communities. Where is your place in being a part of revival in your community?
Engaging the World: God’s Kingdom is expanding all over the world. How are you partnering with Christians around the world to see global revival?