Heart for the Harvest Week 3 – Discussion Guide
Main Idea: To extend and expand requires us to be all in!
Discussion Starter: What would happen if you couldn’t use your cell phone for an entire day?
Introduction: This week, we saw three pictures of generosity; Hannah, the widow of Zarephath, and the widow’s mite. In these pictures, one gave her first, another her last, and another her all. What God really wants to know is if we are willing to give our all in worship of Him.
Watch this short video with your group.
Primary Scriptures: 2 Chronicles 6:12-15, 2 Chronicles 7:1-5
- If you fasted during this Heart for the Harvest, how did it impact your walk with God? If you did not fast, consider fasting in the future.
- What is one area where you put God first? What is one area where you don’t currently put Him first, but know you need to?
- Has there been a time when you gave God the last of something when you weren’t sure if there would be more?
- What’s your next step to a deeper level of commitment to God?
- This week drew to a close Heart for the Harvest 2019, what can you do to start preparing for 2020?
Discovery Bible Method:
For deeper study, as an alternative to the questions above, read Mark 12:43 and use the Discovery Bible Method to explore the passage.
Getting to know each other: Read Proverbs 16:3 How can you encourage each other this week to commit to God’s plans?
Getting to know Him: God’s heart is one that delights in opportunities to bless us and opportunities for us to bless others. How can your group prepare to receive blessings and be available to bless others?
Engaging at Faith Promise: What gift has God given you that you can use to serve at Faith Promise?
Engaging in Community: Does your group have plans to serve somewhere in your community before the end of the year? If not, consider serving at All Is Bright.
Engaging the World: Moving into the Christmas season, there are many opportunities to help with the God’s global work. Consider how your group can be a part of that work.