Main Idea: We are real people, with real problems, and we have been helping people find the real love of Jesus for 25 years!
Click on the picture below to watch with your group:
Share with your group how long you have been a part of Faith Promise and what that experience has meant to you.
Primary Scriptures: Romans 10:13-18
- Read Romans 10:13-18. The four questions in verses 14-15 are in reverse order. Can you rephrase the steps in chronological order? Tell your group about the person who brought you the good news. Who are you sharing this good news with?
- Verse 16 says that not all the Israelites accepted the good news. Not everyone today accepts the good news either. Discuss your relationships with those who do not share your faith. Do you have an open dialogue? Do you keep your mouth shut and hope the topic doesn’t come up? One of our core values at Faith Promise is “We tell them of Him.” How does this work in practice?
- Verse 18 quotes Psalm 19:4. Read Psalm 19:1-4. Even if a person has never heard of Jesus, can he or she believe there is a God? How?
Discovery Bible Method:
For deeper study, as an alternative to the questions above, read Romans 10:13-18 and use the Discovery Bible Method to explore the passage.
Suggestion: Consider breaking the group into twos or threes for this section.
Two of our core values at Faith Promise are “We grow together” and “We elevate those around us.” How is this group helping you grow? How are you elevating each other?
Engage the World Around Us
Engaging at Faith Promise: How long has it been since your group had visitors? What about new members? When was the last time you invited someone to come to your group? Don’t depend on just your group leader to get new members.
Engaging in Community and the World: Another of our core values is “We serve others.” How is your group serving in the community? Check out https://faithpromise.org/love-local to find ministry opportunities.
Expand God’s Kingdom
Is it easier for you to talk about your faith one-on-one or to a group? If you are more comfortable one-on-one, plan a coffee date with a friend. If groups are your thing, ask your group leader if there is a week you could lead the discussion. If you enjoy travel, check out the mission trips that are coming up. Sometimes talking with strangers or people you will not see again is easier than speaking with folks you do know. There are so many ways to share God’s real love. How will you do it this week?
ALL groups at Faith Promise should follow Jesus Christ and lead others to do the same. Below are the marks of a growing follower and disciple of Jesus.
– A follower of Jesus desires to encounter God through the deeper study and application of God’s Word.
– A follower of Jesus embraces people and values relationships on a deeper level so everyone can grow together.
– A follower of Jesus engages and serves the world around them and in their community, through local partners or God-directed opportunities.
– A follower of Jesus expands God’s Kingdom through development and multiplication of disciple-makers, possibly to lead more groups at Faith Promise.