I Still Love this Land – Discussion Guide
Wherever you find yourself, settle in and plant roots to live there.
When you move to live in a different house or apartment, how long does it take you to get all the boxes unpacked?
God sent a message to the exiles in Babylon. He told them to settle in that place, build houses and plant gardens. They were to get married and have children, then expect their children to marry and have children. They also were to pray for Babylon and to seek its prosperity.
Primary Scriptures: Jeremiah 29:4-7
- Read Jeremiah 29:4-7. Why do you think God used the phrase “…those I carried into exile …,” (NIV) in v. 4?
- God details what the people were to do to show they were settling in. How do people in our area show they are “settling in” in v. 5?
- How did God tell them they were there for the long haul?
- The exiles were instructed to seek peace and prosperity for Babylon in verse 7. Why?
- Read Jeremiah 29:11. How does God reassure His people here?
Discovery Bible Method:
For deeper study, as an alternative to the questions above, read Jeremiah 29:1-11 and use the Discovery Bible Method to explore the passage.