No Excuses Week 1 – Discussion Guide
We are His witnesses. Proximity to Jesus demands proximity to the lost.
What’s your excuse for not sharing the real love of Jesus with anyone and everyone?
When reflecting on this question, it can be easy to begin creating our short list of reasons why we aren’t telling them of Him. We can convince ourselves that it is not our calling, we don’t know any lost people, or that we don’t know how to begin. However, God’s Word repeatedly shows us that our most important mission is to win the lost at any cost and make disciples who make disciples.
Primary Scriptures: Matthew 28:19-20, Acts 1:8, John 3:16, Romans 5:8, Romans 1:16
- Do you remember when you first met Jesus? Do you remember the joy and purpose you felt? Has that changed any, and if so, how?
- Our greatest mission is to tell others of Him. What are some barriers in your life that are preventing you from telling others about the real love of Jesus?
- Do you remember your own journey to meeting Jesus? Was there a specific person, place, or event that led you to bow your knee to Him?
- Is there someone in your life who needs to know about the real love of Jesus?
- How can you step out of your comfort zone in order to sit with the lost and take back ground for the Kingdom?
Discovery Bible Method:
For deeper study, as an alternative to the questions above, read Acts 1:8 and use the Discovery Bible Method to explore the passage.