Lamplighters Week 2 – Discussion Guide
Main Idea: Are you burdened for those far from God? Lamplighters are burdened.
Introduction: We are ALL called to be His lamplighters. How do you know if you are burdened?
Discussion Starter: What are you passionate about? What gets you out of bed in the morning? What gets you excited in life?
Primary Scriptures: Matthew 5:14-16, Matthew 28:19-20, Luke 15:3-7, Acts 1:7-8, Matthew 9:35-38
- As a believer, do you remember when you got saved? Who are your friends, family, co-workers, etc. who are still lost? Do you have a burden for their souls? Pastor says that burden is a weight we should feel for people far from God and a need for us to carry them to Jesus. Do you feel that burden for them?
Read Matthew 5:14-16. Are you a light for the world to see? How can we shine our light more to those around us—especially to people we don’t yet know?
- Read Matthew 28:19-20. This is also referred to as the Great Commission. It can also be said that we as believers should make disciples of all nations as we are going, where we live, work, study, shop, and play, every single day of our lives. This command is for everyone, not merely the few that travel around the world as missionaries. There is a mission field around each of us.. Who is in your life with whom you can share Jesus? What is your mission field?
- Lamplighters who are burdened:
- Pray for the lost. Make a list of those you know who are lost.
- Share their faith. How do you share your faith?
- Seek revelation for others. Are you in God’s Word so that you can hear God’s revelation? If not, you could join the Bible reading plan.
- Ask God to increase their burden. Burden moves you into action and increases your compassion for people. Are you prepared to take action and have more compassion for those God places in your life?
Discovery Bible Method:
For deeper study, as an alternative to the questions above, read Matthew 9:35-38 and use the Discovery Bible Method to explore the passage.