1. Pastor Chris stated no one comes to God initially because he loves Him. What was going on in your life when you accepted Christ’s offer of relationship and made him your Lord and Savior?
2. It was said that at salvation we each receive a revelation of our ruin – we understand how short of God’s righteousness we fall. Describe God’s righteousness in your own words.
3. Romans 1:16 and Matthew 10:32-33 speak about the importance of a public profession of Christ through baptism. Share the story of your baptism.
4. Pastor Chris spoke about our obedience to God, specifically in reference to baptism. In what areas of your life is God speaking to you about your obedience?
2 Corinthians 4:4
Your Primary Purpose?
1. How did the survey regarding the hurting and homeless in Knoxville make you feel?
2. What are your thoughts about living in paradise?
3. Who do we resemble more – financially, relationally, compassionately – the rich man or Lazarus?
4. Have you been on a mission trip? Describe the living conditions you experienced. How did it impact your perspective?
5. Do you feel rich? To whom are we inclined to compare ourselves when determining our wealth? Are we rich in comparison to the majority of the world?
6. What can you change in the use of your time and treasure that you can then share with others to impact the kingdom of God?
Expanding Our Heart
1. Pastor Chris stated it has taken him many years to have the heart of Christ in relation to seeing and serving the afflicted, poor, and homeless. He prayed that God would wreck our hearts. How has your heart been wrecked by God? Is your heart broken for the same things that God has a broken heart?
2. Are you blessed? How so? Who has God placed in your life to share blessings with you?
3. Are you blessing others? How so? Who do you know that is afflicted? How are you sharing and proclaiming the good news with them?
1 John 3:17-18
1. Pastor Josh commented we often think “if you become like me, then I’ll help you.” Why do we make stipulations of people before we are willing to help them?
2. Jesus sees people as opportunities rather than distractions. Where is your focus? What processes consume you to the point of neglecting people?
3. Compassion was defined as seeing something that makes me so sick I must personally do something about the need. What have you witnessed that requires a personal step on your part?
4. We often put our faith in fixes rather than the Father. Pastor Josh encouraged us to pray for God to use us first so others will follow. What do you need to specifically pray in order to act out compassion?
5. Do you fear showing compassion to others? Why?
Whatever It Takes
1. Pastor Chris stated people ask him when are we going to stop growing, and he responded that he wants Christ to find us at work in the harvest field when He returns. Pastor asked who do we know that is in bondage? Who is captive? Who does not have a relationship with Christ? Who is on your list?
2. Pastor Chris stated we are blessed to be a blessing. How has God blessed you? How has God used you to be a blessing to others?
3. Pastor Chris distilled John 15 by saying God is at work in order to produce fruit. What fruit are you producing that others can see?
4. We all have a little root rot, even after we accept Christ as our savior. Where in your life do you have a little root rot?
What can you do to change? Who has God placed in your life to help you change?
1. Pain. Everyone experiences it. Create a list of painful circumstances. Through what painful experiences have you had to work?
2. Scripture tells us in the book of Ruth that Naomi overlooked God’s blessing of community while she was going through a Plan B experience. When have you lived out a “Plan B”? What role did community play in your experience? Can you look back and see the people God placed in your life at those points? Did you see them at the time?
3. Pastor Chris stated the church often fosters fakes. How do we become more transparent? What can we do to possibly help others become more transparent?
4. Are you currently experiencing a “Plan B”?
NOTE: The preceding questions are provided as a supplement to the questions included in the appendix of Plan B. Please refer to Chapter 9 and its associated questions on page 233.