Giving Your Life Away
1. How have you seen God move during this series? Are you more obedient in sharing the good news?
2. How did the story of Luther are Curtis impact you?
3. Luther had to ask people for help to save his life. Curtis stepped forward to help without being asked. Have you ever been on either side of a similar situation?
4. Curtis is a hero. How does it make you feel knowing you can be a greater hero by giving the gift of eternal life by sharing the good news?
5. How does the story of Luther and Chris impact the likelihood you will share the good news? Will you be a hero?
6. This Thanksgiving season, for what are you most thankful?
The Gospel Really Is Good News
1. Pastor Chris spoke about God’s sacrificial love for us. Share a situation when someone has lovingly sacrificed for you, or when you have done this for someone else.
2. Is it easy to share stories of when people have made sacrifices for you? Why?
3. Describe a time when you shared the gospel. How was it received?
4. You talk about what you think about, you think about what you love. What do you love?
5. Who first told you about Jesus? How did they tell you?
6. Who is one person you need to share the gospel with this week? Will you?
1 Corinthians 4:1-2
2 Corinthians 5:17
Additional scripture verses for sharing the gospel:
1. Pastor Chris stated no one comes to God initially because he loves Him. What was going on in your life when you accepted Christ’s offer of relationship and made him your Lord and Savior?
2. It was said that at salvation we each receive a revelation of our ruin – we understand how short of God’s righteousness we fall. Describe God’s righteousness in your own words.
3. Romans 1:16 and Matthew 10:32-33 speak about the importance of a public profession of Christ through baptism. Share the story of your baptism.
4. Pastor Chris spoke about our obedience to God, specifically in reference to baptism. In what areas of your life is God speaking to you about your obedience?
2 Corinthians 4:4
Your Primary Purpose?
1. How did the survey regarding the hurting and homeless in Knoxville make you feel?
2. What are your thoughts about living in paradise?
3. Who do we resemble more – financially, relationally, compassionately – the rich man or Lazarus?
4. Have you been on a mission trip? Describe the living conditions you experienced. How did it impact your perspective?
5. Do you feel rich? To whom are we inclined to compare ourselves when determining our wealth? Are we rich in comparison to the majority of the world?
6. What can you change in the use of your time and treasure that you can then share with others to impact the kingdom of God?
Expanding Our Heart
1. Pastor Chris stated it has taken him many years to have the heart of Christ in relation to seeing and serving the afflicted, poor, and homeless. He prayed that God would wreck our hearts. How has your heart been wrecked by God? Is your heart broken for the same things that God has a broken heart?
2. Are you blessed? How so? Who has God placed in your life to share blessings with you?
3. Are you blessing others? How so? Who do you know that is afflicted? How are you sharing and proclaiming the good news with them?
1 John 3:17-18
1. Pastor Josh commented we often think “if you become like me, then I’ll help you.” Why do we make stipulations of people before we are willing to help them?
2. Jesus sees people as opportunities rather than distractions. Where is your focus? What processes consume you to the point of neglecting people?
3. Compassion was defined as seeing something that makes me so sick I must personally do something about the need. What have you witnessed that requires a personal step on your part?
4. We often put our faith in fixes rather than the Father. Pastor Josh encouraged us to pray for God to use us first so others will follow. What do you need to specifically pray in order to act out compassion?
5. Do you fear showing compassion to others? Why?