Who is Your King?
1. Have you made time to worship the King this Christmas season? How?
2. Rebellion blocks us from a relationship with God. Bowing on our knees before God, recognizing Him and the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ secures our eternity. In what ways do you still rebel against God?
3. Pastor Chris stated that wise men still bow before God today. We should physically bow before God, but what are other ways in which we can bow before Him? Explain.
4. Pastor Chris stated that wise men still bring offerings and gifts to God today. What gifts do you bring to God?
5. What can you do this week to make Christ your King? With whom will you share the King?
A Reason to Rejoice
1. Are you saturated, permeated, and dominated by an attitude of gratitude? Why?
2. In Luke 17, nine out of ten lepers did not return to Christ with gratitude. Pastor Chris speculated that ratio carries over to Christians today. Do you think as many as 90% of us walk through life never being thankful for what God has done for us? Explain.
3. Do you get bogged down thinking you do not deserve the blessings you have? How do we recognize God’s gift to us as unmerited favor and walk in that “attitude of gratitude”?
4. Do you appreciate and recognize the many blessings of God but possibly not see the gift of salvation and eternal security for what it truly is? How can we regularly remind ourselves of the words Jesus gave in Luke 10:20 to those he sent out?
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Giving Your Life Away
1. How have you seen God move during this series? Are you more obedient in sharing the good news?
2. How did the story of Luther are Curtis impact you?
3. Luther had to ask people for help to save his life. Curtis stepped forward to help without being asked. Have you ever been on either side of a similar situation?
4. Curtis is a hero. How does it make you feel knowing you can be a greater hero by giving the gift of eternal life by sharing the good news?
5. How does the story of Luther and Chris impact the likelihood you will share the good news? Will you be a hero?
6. This Thanksgiving season, for what are you most thankful?
The Gospel Really Is Good News
1. Pastor Chris spoke about God’s sacrificial love for us. Share a situation when someone has lovingly sacrificed for you, or when you have done this for someone else.
2. Is it easy to share stories of when people have made sacrifices for you? Why?
3. Describe a time when you shared the gospel. How was it received?
4. You talk about what you think about, you think about what you love. What do you love?
5. Who first told you about Jesus? How did they tell you?
6. Who is one person you need to share the gospel with this week? Will you?
1 Corinthians 4:1-2
2 Corinthians 5:17
Additional scripture verses for sharing the gospel:
1. Pastor Chris stated no one comes to God initially because he loves Him. What was going on in your life when you accepted Christ’s offer of relationship and made him your Lord and Savior?
2. It was said that at salvation we each receive a revelation of our ruin – we understand how short of God’s righteousness we fall. Describe God’s righteousness in your own words.
3. Romans 1:16 and Matthew 10:32-33 speak about the importance of a public profession of Christ through baptism. Share the story of your baptism.
4. Pastor Chris spoke about our obedience to God, specifically in reference to baptism. In what areas of your life is God speaking to you about your obedience?
2 Corinthians 4:4
Your Primary Purpose?
1. How did the survey regarding the hurting and homeless in Knoxville make you feel?
2. What are your thoughts about living in paradise?
3. Who do we resemble more – financially, relationally, compassionately – the rich man or Lazarus?
4. Have you been on a mission trip? Describe the living conditions you experienced. How did it impact your perspective?
5. Do you feel rich? To whom are we inclined to compare ourselves when determining our wealth? Are we rich in comparison to the majority of the world?
6. What can you change in the use of your time and treasure that you can then share with others to impact the kingdom of God?