Put On Your Dancing Clothes
1. How well are you doing at placing God as number one?
2. David knew how to worship, how is your worship? What can you do to improve it?
3. What did you sacrifice to God in your worship this week?
4. Are you worshipping God out of celebration or desperation? What circumstances are you allowing to dictate your choice?
5. How does it make you feel that as a Christ follower your life is hidden with Christ in God? Col. 3:3
6. Share one way you can worship God at home every day?
7. How did your definition of worship change after hearing this message?
1. What is in your closet that needs to be thrown out, not just reorganized?
2. Pastor Chris said, “Most of us desire the things God gives more than the God who gives.” Which of the two do you desire the most? How easy is it to deceive ourselves into thinking we are seeking God when we really are not? How do we learn to tell the difference?
3. What is one thing that has recently happened in your life that can only be explained by the power of the Holy Spirit?
4. Are there circumstances in your life where you place the blame on others rather than taking responsibility?
5. Pastor Chris used the illustration of God as a puppeteer. What string are you trying to control – marriage, family, time, finances, career – rather than allowing God to control?
6. What is one thing you can do this week to make room for the Holy Spirit to rule your life?
Dressed for Success
1. For what are you asking God in 2010?
2. Share a time when your spiritual confidence and faith were not big enough.
3. Share a time when your spiritual faith endured despite your circumstances.
4. Which of the FPC 2009 goals were you most surprised we met?
5. Do you have a spiritual growth plan or spiritual goals for 2010?
What Not To Wear
1. Colossians 3:8 lists things we need to “put off”. Which of these characteristics do you need take off and throw out of your closet?
2. Colossians 3:10 talks of putting on “the new self”. For what “new” thing will you be known in 2010?
3. As we strive to “put on” the characteristics listed in Colossians 3:12-14, the price for not clothing ourselves appropriately is high. What are some of the costs for not exemplifying compassion, kindness, humility, and other traits?
4. Which of the characteristics do you need the most? Similar to Pastor Chris, is it patience? Is it forgiveness?
5. Describe a time when you saw these characteristics lived out in the life of someone you know.
6. How can you begin to put on the “new self” today, this week, this month, and in 2010?
1. Why do you come to church?
2. What are some reasons people do not come to church?
3. For what are you waiting on God to do? To show you? To provide for you?
4. Have you experienced a time when God spoke to you and then fulfilled His promise?
5. Has God asked you to do something that you did not want to do?
6. How do you think Mary felt when Simeon told her that her baby would one day be killed by the people he came to save?
7. What are you doing with His gift?
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
1. Do you see Christmas as a Holy day or simply another holiday? Do your actions reflect your answer?
2. Early in his talk Pastor Chris posed the question ”Religion or relationship … Where are you?”. What is the difference? And where are you?
3. The three wise men, or kings, traveled a great distance to see the Christ child, requiring planning, determination, purpose, and sacrifice. How far are you willing to travel for Christ? What sacrifices do you expect to make to follow Christ?
4. At some point, the Grinch “got it”, the real meaning of Christmas. When did you “get it”? Who in your life needs to “get it”, and what one thing will you do to help?
5. The Grinch was changed. How have you been changed since Jesus came into your heart?