Are You Sure?
1. Pastor Chris discussed the difference between a gift and a reward. You get rewards based on what you do, not what you ask. Describe a time when God has given something for which you asked (e.g., healing, blessing, wisdom)? Describe a time when God has given something as a reward?
2. Everything we do for God will be given back to us. Discuss your understanding of “misthos”, or wage, and “apodidomai”, to give back.
3. God wants to give rewards more than we want them. How does this impact your thinking of God? your willingness to earn a reward?
4. Pastor Chris listed seven things – when we seek Him, when we are submissive to those in authority, when we practice self denial, when we meet others needs, when we suffer for Him, when we sacrifice, when we share – for which God gives rewards. On what act do you need to work in order to increase your rewards?
5. Does the thought of standing before the judgement seat bring excitement or fear? Explain.
6. What would survive the test if you were before the seat today?
1 Timothy 5:18
2 Timothy 4:8
1 Corinthians 3:12-14
How Could We Miss This?
1. What is your favorite reward you have received?
2. Pastor Chris stated our destination (Heaven or Hell) is based on our beliefs, and our compensation or reward is based on our behavior. What is your reaction to that statement?
3. The Bible shows that our behavior on Earth affects our rewards in Heaven. How does this truth impact how you will live?
4. How important are rewards to God?
5. Everyone will give an account of what we did for God. Are you ready to give your account?
6. Will you be satisfied with “a cabin in the corner of glory” or do you want a mansion?
The Cry of the Lost
1. Pastor Chris said, “If we are burdened for the lost, we are in a dangerous environment.” How so?
2. Pastor Chris talked about hearing the cry of the lost. Do you hear it? In what environment or period of your life have you been able to hear more clearly than others?
3. Do you remember the fear, loneliness, and angst of being lost? If so, describe that feeling? If not, why have you forgotten?
4. Pastor Chris stated that witnessing to people is going into the Devil’s house to steal his possessions. Elaborate on this. Why is this true?
5. Who will you commit to invite to the July 4th celebration?
– Matthew 28:29
– Acts 1:8
– Luke 14:23
– 1 Timothy 2:4
– 2 Corinthians 5:17-20
– 2 Kings 7:9
– Matthew 28:18-20
1. Malachi 4:5-6 describes the beginning circumstances of a movement of God. Do you need God to restore your heart to your children and your children’s hearts to you before God can move in your situation?
2. Was your father a Godly dad? How so? It what ways are you a Godly parent?
3. What are your thoughts about God filling the gaps where there are no Godly dads in the home?
4. Do you know your children’s strengths? What steps are you taking to help identify and develop those strengths?
5. Describe how you physically show love to your children.
Loving God, The Heart of God
1. Pastor Chris stated that while our task is not extremely difficult, our environment is dangerous. How and when is this true in your life?
2. Why did you first turn to God? No hope? Fear? Nowhere else to turn?
3. Revelations 2:5 states “remember from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first …” At what point in your walk have you been the closest to God? When were you most in love with God? How do we stay or get back to that point?
4. Pastor Chris said that no matter what we do, God can not love us more than He already does. Do you love Him back? Expand on your answer.
5. Has there been a time when you were so involved in “doing” God’s work, that “doing” became more important than loving God?
6. How does it make you fill that there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ (Romans 8:1)?
You Be The One
1. What are your dreams? Spiritual? Relational? Financial? Others?
2. What one step can you take to move closer to one of your dreams?
3. With whom have you shared your dreams?
4. How has these people helped you move closer to your dreams?
5. Pastor Chris stated “if your habits are not moving you towards your dreams, then either you to need to change your habits or your dreams.” Are your habits leading you to your dreams? What needs to change?