1. Why do you come to church?
2. What are some reasons people do not come to church?
3. For what are you waiting on God to do? To show you? To provide for you?
4. Have you experienced a time when God spoke to you and then fulfilled His promise?
5. Has God asked you to do something that you did not want to do?
6. How do you think Mary felt when Simeon told her that her baby would one day be killed by the people he came to save?
7. What are you doing with His gift?
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
1. Do you see Christmas as a Holy day or simply another holiday? Do your actions reflect your answer?
2. Early in his talk Pastor Chris posed the question ”Religion or relationship … Where are you?”. What is the difference? And where are you?
3. The three wise men, or kings, traveled a great distance to see the Christ child, requiring planning, determination, purpose, and sacrifice. How far are you willing to travel for Christ? What sacrifices do you expect to make to follow Christ?
4. At some point, the Grinch “got it”, the real meaning of Christmas. When did you “get it”? Who in your life needs to “get it”, and what one thing will you do to help?
5. The Grinch was changed. How have you been changed since Jesus came into your heart?
It’s a Wonderful Life
1. How do you identify with George Bailey as he continually sacrifices for the good of others?
2. What hole would be left in others lives if you were not born? How has God used you to help others?
3. To whom do you turn when you need help?
4. What would the world be like without Christ in Christmas?
5. What are some steps you can take to keep Christ in Christmas?
6. As the final scenes play, the lyrics tell us that God loves us and that He shows it in all kinds of ways, sometimes through other people or events. How has God told you lately that He loves you?
A Christmas Carol
1. Does the path you’re on lead to the destination you desire?
2. What is one regret you have from your past?
3. How has the world “scrooged” you?
4. Have you grown into the person you thought you would become?
5. “The way you live this life will be reflected in your eternity.” How does this statement make you feel?
6. “If you change your course, you can can change your destiny.” How does this statement make you feel?
7. What is one thing you’re going to change today, this week, and this month that will effect your path? your destination?
An Attitude of Gratitude
1. How does gratitude relate to spiritual warfare?
2. For what are you thankful? For things? For relationships? For God?
3. How do you relate to the story of the ten lepers? Are you the one or the nine?
4. What’s the difference between being grateful IN vs FOR all things?
5. If you wrote a note of thanks to God, what would be in your note?
6. What are some ways you can show others you are thankful for them?
Behind Enemy Lines
1. How does it make you feel that the devil is the ruler of this world?
2. Having things is not bad. Things having you is bad. What are some things that have you?
3. Are there any “Sodoms” from which you need to run?
4. Lot was not a witness for God in Sodom. How is your witness in your world?
5. Knowing that you are behind enemy lines, what are some things you can do to be prepared for the battle?