God’s In The Gaps
1. Successful people do what unsuccessful people are unwilling to do. Give some examples you have witnessed that demonstrate this point.
2. There is a gap between receiving a dream and accomplishing it. God is in the gaps. Where have you witnessed God in such a gap?
3. Traps are in the gaps. Give an example of this point. Have you been surprised by any traps? How has God walked with you through traps?
4. Pastor Chris talked about the difference between God’s heart and God’s hand. What do prayers for God’s hand sound like? And prayers for his heart?
5. Pastor Chris made the statement “you can sin dreams away”. Talk about this statement. How does this thought motivate you? What fears does it provoke?
Don’t Dwarf It – Morph It
1. Are your dreams God-sized? What would your life look like if your dreams were God-sized?
2. Share a time when you experienced a change in your dreams that worked out for the best?
3. Have you had a time when you tried to live someone else’s dreams? How did that effect you?
4. Have you ever given up on your dreams? Do those dreams need to be reenergized or changed altogether?
5. Have you had a time when you allowed your past to stop your dreams?
Have You Dumped Your Dreams
1. Who has helped, or is helping, you achieve your dreams?
2. Pastor Chris shared if our dreams don’t include God or others, they are too small. How does this statement make you feel?
3. Who is your current dream manager? Who has been a dream manager for you in your past? How many dream managers do you currently have?
4. What are your dreams … for your family? for your job? for your legacy?
5. Pastor Chris said dreams are not the same as fantasies. What you doing to make your dreams a reality?
6. Who can you help achieve his or her dreams? Your spouse? Your child? Your coworker? What can you do this week to begin fulfilling a dream?
The Grass Is Not Greener
1. What are your personal experiences with divorce?
2. Pastor Chris stated that “we are the result of our decisions” and that “good or bad, all our decision will have consequences”. What is one of your bad decisions and the resulting consequences? What is one of your good decisions and the resulting consequences?
3. Pastor Chris provided the order for our focus and priorities as 1) God 2) spouse 3) children. What challenges do you anticipate or have you faced with your priorities in this order? How will Satan attack you with obstacles, distractions, or hindrances in your day to day life or in life’s major decisions and issues? How should you be prepared to respond to Satan and those challenges?
4. Pastor Chris stated that children need love, discipline, and time. What are your experiences with these growing up and how did it help shape you? If you were to evaluate these three items in relation to you and your children, which is the easiest or hardest for you and why? How could you improve on these areas if you committed yourself to do so?
5. Pastor Chris spoke about fresh starts, clearly communicating at home, parental packs, and making Jesus Lord of your home. Pick one of these and discuss your personal experiences as well as how your experiences have shaped your current relationships with either your parents or your children.
1. What was the makeup of your family growing up? How many people lived in your home?
2. How does it make you feel that God’s plan includes winning by surrendering?
3. Who is the person who needs to be “right” in your home? Is it worth it do be “right” or “win” all the time?
4. Which fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22-23) is seen most in your home? In which fruit would you like to see personal growth?
5. Of those blessed in Matthew 5:3-12, with which one do you most closely identify?
6. What can you change at your home this week to make it a better place?
Construction or Deconstruction?
1. Was your childhood filled with encouraging or discouraging words? How has it affected you?
2. Pastor Chris talked about speaking life or death over people. What memories do you have of each?
3. We can fix our foundations by removing untruths and replacing them with truth. What untruths or lies do you need to remove from your life?
4. What truth from the Bible do you need to begin incorporating into your life? What steps can you take this week to begin placing this truth in you?
5. To whom do you need to speak life and what will you say?