All You Own Is On Loan
1. Talk about the concepts “all you own is on loan” and “you are not your own, but you were bought with a price”. Are these concepts easy to grasp? When are they the easiest to understand? When are they difficult to remember or understand?
2. Pastor Chris debunked several myths on money, such as giving 10% allows you to spend the other 90% however you want. What myths have captured your attention? How are you doing as a steward of God’s stuff?
3. Matthew 25 talks about our being judged on our abilities, not by how we’ve done compared to anyone else. Is that good, bad, surprising, unsettling?
4. God is all about helping you reach your potential or maximizing your ministry? What steps has God taken to help you reach your potential? Where have you been found faithful or trustworthy? Where do you still need to grow?
5. Where is your treasure?
1 Thessalonians 5:11
1 Corinthians 4:2
Come join us for the fp Women’s Gathering on Thursday, August 26, in Satellite 1 at 6:30 pm to hear Holly’s Story. Our very own Holly Alejo will mix her story and her music. You don’t want to miss this month!
Sign language interpretation will be provided. Dinner will also be provided. Register here.
This month, officer Randy Myers, Founder & CEO of C.O.P.S. International Ministries, will join us to share stories of conflict, confrontation, rescue, the power of prayer, and God showing up in everyday life with love, mercy, and justice. Join us on Saturday, July 31st at 8:30 am in Satellite 1 on the Pellissippi Campus. You can register for the event to save your spot.
And check out other chances to get connected at http://faithpromise.org/men. For additional information, e-mail email@example.com.
Are You Sure?
1. Pastor Chris discussed the difference between a gift and a reward. You get rewards based on what you do, not what you ask. Describe a time when God has given something for which you asked (e.g., healing, blessing, wisdom)? Describe a time when God has given something as a reward?
2. Everything we do for God will be given back to us. Discuss your understanding of “misthos”, or wage, and “apodidomai”, to give back.
3. God wants to give rewards more than we want them. How does this impact your thinking of God? your willingness to earn a reward?
4. Pastor Chris listed seven things – when we seek Him, when we are submissive to those in authority, when we practice self denial, when we meet others needs, when we suffer for Him, when we sacrifice, when we share – for which God gives rewards. On what act do you need to work in order to increase your rewards?
5. Does the thought of standing before the judgement seat bring excitement or fear? Explain.
6. What would survive the test if you were before the seat today?
1 Timothy 5:18
2 Timothy 4:8
1 Corinthians 3:12-14
We want to create new environments around your passion to connect others. So share your group idea by e-mailing Evan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or better yet, complete this worksheet to put your thoughts on paper.
Who knows? Maybe your idea will be what God uses to take someone to the next level.
How Could We Miss This?
1. What is your favorite reward you have received?
2. Pastor Chris stated our destination (Heaven or Hell) is based on our beliefs, and our compensation or reward is based on our behavior. What is your reaction to that statement?
3. The Bible shows that our behavior on Earth affects our rewards in Heaven. How does this truth impact how you will live?
4. How important are rewards to God?
5. Everyone will give an account of what we did for God. Are you ready to give your account?
6. Will you be satisfied with “a cabin in the corner of glory” or do you want a mansion?