10% Tithe – Blount County
1. What have you been through that was tough at the time for which you are now thankful?
2. Pastor Chris spoke about Hebrews 12 where it talks about running the race with endurance while keeping our eyes on Jesus. What does this mean? What does this mean to you in your current circumstances?
3. What steps of faith are required as we begin taking steps into launching a new campus in Blount County? What does this mean to you personally?
4. Moving forward requires change. What will you have to think of differently as Faith Promise moves to Blount County? Technology? My role? The role of the Pastor? The importance of proximity to the unchurched?
5. In the Book of Joshua, the priests of Israel shouted God’s blessings and curses from the mountain tops over the people. Share a praise report. How is God shouting blessing more audibly in your life right now?
Coming To A Location Near You
1. What are some of your branches in your own life that are producing fruit? What are some of your branches that need to be pruned, because they are not producing fruit?
2. Pastor Chris said the lost matter more. Who, in your life, are the lost? What are doing to reach them?
3. What has God ask you to do? What must He do that only He can do in order for you to be successful?
4. What about what Wayne & Angie Burress would make you nervous? What about it is exciting to you?
5. How do you put yourself in a position to be used by God? What role can you play specifically as Faith Promise launches the Blount County campus?
1. Where will you be with God in 10 years?
2. Read Acts 2. How is Faith Promise being an “Acts 2” church? Are you doing your part?
3. Which of the characteristics of the “Acts 2” church do you see in your group?
4. What is most difficult for you? To love the Lord your God with all your heart? With all your soul? With all your mind? With all your strength?
5. Share a recent experience when you showed love to a neighbor?
6. Faith Promise endeavors to be a church marked by grace where everyone is welcome and loved. What is one thing you will do this week to show grace and love to a neighbor?
1. What was your introduction to Faith Promise?
2. How have you grown in your walk since joining Faith Promise?
3. Faith Promise’s vision includes seeing the 354,000 unchurched and dechurched in the surrounding counties begin a relationship with Jesus. What is your vision for your life, your group, and your ministry?
4. Pastor Chris shared that your vision will guide your decisions, thus making decision-making easier. In what area of your life are you struggling right now? Do you have a clear vision for that area of your life?
5. Who has helped transform you and how did they help perform God’s work in your life? Who are you helping to transform?
6. Pastor Chris shared a thought by John Maxwell that the church will grow until the people determine the cost is too much. What does that mean? What are the costs for you?
7. Pastor Chris shared that a burden will lead to a vision, which will lead to a delight. Talk about that original burden and vision for Faith Promise which Terry duPont spoke about last week. What are your experiences with living out that vision?
Happy Birthday, FPC
1. What’s your favorite memory of Faith Promise?
2. When is the last time you experienced the glory of God fall on a church service as it did at Faith Promise’s first meeting?
3. What have you or your group recently done to promote Faith Promise’s vision of reaching the 354,000 unchurched in the surrounding counties?
4. God is still doing miracles at Faith Promise. What miracle at Faith Promise have you experienced?
5. How can we do better at being an Acts 2 church?
Put On Your Dancing Clothes
1. How well are you doing at placing God as number one?
2. David knew how to worship, how is your worship? What can you do to improve it?
3. What did you sacrifice to God in your worship this week?
4. Are you worshipping God out of celebration or desperation? What circumstances are you allowing to dictate your choice?
5. How does it make you feel that as a Christ follower your life is hidden with Christ in God? Col. 3:3
6. Share one way you can worship God at home every day?
7. How did your definition of worship change after hearing this message?