Preparing for a Miracle
1. What do you believe makes a miracle, a miracle?
2. Have you ever witnessed a miracle? What happened?
3. Pastor noted that in scripture that people often prepared before great movements of God. Pastor requested everyone prayerfully consider the following ways of preparation…
a) Whatever God says to do, DO IT.
b) Fast and pray.
c) Get on board.
How do you prepare for a miracle? How can we prepare for the Miracle Weekend?
4. Pastor stated “obedience gets God’s attention”. In what ways can we be obedient? Name one way you personally can be obedient or improve in your obedience?
Find people like you. Come check out Grouplink. More info here.
Success God’s Way
Thursday, August 12th @ 5:30 PM
Success God’s Way is a high-participation, motivating, and encouraging experience that will help you understand Godly success, set goals, and keep you directed to be all God intended. This month we discuss TIME.
Knox Area Rescue Ministry
Saturday, August 14th @ 11:30 AM
Knox Area Rescue Ministry (KARM) shelters nearly 400 people and serves more than 1,000 meals every day. For people on the road to recovery, KARM offers biblically-based counseling, addiction treatment, and therapy as well as job training and employment services in their long-term residential facilities. KARM offers something no program could ever provide, they offer a loving network of staff and church volunteers who stay when the going gets rough and stand fast in the face of setbacks. It is these remarkable relationships that are the key to helping the homeless put their lives back together. The facilities and programs offer hope, but the love of Christ is what changes lives.
To help us make an impact, meet at KARM on August 14th at 11:30 AM. We will have lunch with the guys and return around 1:30 PM. You can be involved in this rewarding, growing experience by contacting Chris Shumate at 423-512-0665, firstname.lastname@example.org or Bill Jennings at 865-382-6127, email@example.com.
Saturday, August 14th @ 8:00 AM
The Furniture Ministry has many opportunities for volunteers to make a difference in the lives of others. You will be trained, supported, encouraged, and blessed by the opportunity to deliver furniture, pick up donations, return phone calls or help in the warehouse. Contact Mark Bithorn at 865-919-2870 to get involved.
He’s Bringing It With Him
1. Christ will be bringing rewards when He comes back. With that thought in mind, where is your focus? Is it on the temporal or the eternal?
2. Pastor Chris talked about the daily battle “who will we honor?”. Who is winning the battle of honor in your life?
3. Pastor Chris mentioned being “washed in the Word”. What does that mean? What’s the next step for you? How do you make the next step and routine?
4. Pastor Chris spoke of the devil stealing our seed. How does that happen? What does it look like? How do we prevent it?
5. We can lose our rewards. How does that make you feel? What is one thing that you did (or did not do) that may have caused you to loose a reward?
6. Are you more concerned about getting to heaven or the rewards you’ll receive?
2 Corinthians 4:17-18
Malachi 3:14, 16-17
1 John 2:28
1 Corinthians 9:24-26
1 John 5:13
All You Own Is On Loan
1. Talk about the concepts “all you own is on loan” and “you are not your own, but you were bought with a price”. Are these concepts easy to grasp? When are they the easiest to understand? When are they difficult to remember or understand?
2. Pastor Chris debunked several myths on money, such as giving 10% allows you to spend the other 90% however you want. What myths have captured your attention? How are you doing as a steward of God’s stuff?
3. Matthew 25 talks about our being judged on our abilities, not by how we’ve done compared to anyone else. Is that good, bad, surprising, unsettling?
4. God is all about helping you reach your potential or maximizing your ministry? What steps has God taken to help you reach your potential? Where have you been found faithful or trustworthy? Where do you still need to grow?
5. Where is your treasure?
1 Thessalonians 5:11
1 Corinthians 4:2
Come join us for the fp Women’s Gathering on Thursday, August 26, in Satellite 1 at 6:30 pm to hear Holly’s Story. Our very own Holly Alejo will mix her story and her music. You don’t want to miss this month!
Sign language interpretation will be provided. Dinner will also be provided. Register here.