1. What was your introduction to Faith Promise?
2. How have you grown in your walk since joining Faith Promise?
3. Faith Promise’s vision includes seeing the 354,000 unchurched and dechurched in the surrounding counties begin a relationship with Jesus. What is your vision for your life, your group, and your ministry?
4. Pastor Chris shared that your vision will guide your decisions, thus making decision-making easier. In what area of your life are you struggling right now? Do you have a clear vision for that area of your life?
5. Who has helped transform you and how did they help perform God’s work in your life? Who are you helping to transform?
6. Pastor Chris shared a thought by John Maxwell that the church will grow until the people determine the cost is too much. What does that mean? What are the costs for you?
7. Pastor Chris shared that a burden will lead to a vision, which will lead to a delight. Talk about that original burden and vision for Faith Promise which Terry duPont spoke about last week. What are your experiences with living out that vision?
Happy Birthday, FPC
1. What’s your favorite memory of Faith Promise?
2. When is the last time you experienced the glory of God fall on a church service as it did at Faith Promise’s first meeting?
3. What have you or your group recently done to promote Faith Promise’s vision of reaching the 354,000 unchurched in the surrounding counties?
4. God is still doing miracles at Faith Promise. What miracle at Faith Promise have you experienced?
5. How can we do better at being an Acts 2 church?
Put On Your Dancing Clothes
1. How well are you doing at placing God as number one?
2. David knew how to worship, how is your worship? What can you do to improve it?
3. What did you sacrifice to God in your worship this week?
4. Are you worshipping God out of celebration or desperation? What circumstances are you allowing to dictate your choice?
5. How does it make you feel that as a Christ follower your life is hidden with Christ in God? Col. 3:3
6. Share one way you can worship God at home every day?
7. How did your definition of worship change after hearing this message?
1. What is in your closet that needs to be thrown out, not just reorganized?
2. Pastor Chris said, “Most of us desire the things God gives more than the God who gives.” Which of the two do you desire the most? How easy is it to deceive ourselves into thinking we are seeking God when we really are not? How do we learn to tell the difference?
3. What is one thing that has recently happened in your life that can only be explained by the power of the Holy Spirit?
4. Are there circumstances in your life where you place the blame on others rather than taking responsibility?
5. Pastor Chris used the illustration of God as a puppeteer. What string are you trying to control – marriage, family, time, finances, career – rather than allowing God to control?
6. What is one thing you can do this week to make room for the Holy Spirit to rule your life?
Dressed for Success
1. For what are you asking God in 2010?
2. Share a time when your spiritual confidence and faith were not big enough.
3. Share a time when your spiritual faith endured despite your circumstances.
4. Which of the FPC 2009 goals were you most surprised we met?
5. Do you have a spiritual growth plan or spiritual goals for 2010?
What Not To Wear
1. Colossians 3:8 lists things we need to “put off”. Which of these characteristics do you need take off and throw out of your closet?
2. Colossians 3:10 talks of putting on “the new self”. For what “new” thing will you be known in 2010?
3. As we strive to “put on” the characteristics listed in Colossians 3:12-14, the price for not clothing ourselves appropriately is high. What are some of the costs for not exemplifying compassion, kindness, humility, and other traits?
4. Which of the characteristics do you need the most? Similar to Pastor Chris, is it patience? Is it forgiveness?
5. Describe a time when you saw these characteristics lived out in the life of someone you know.
6. How can you begin to put on the “new self” today, this week, this month, and in 2010?