Put On Your Dancing Clothes
1. How well are you doing at placing God as number one?
2. David knew how to worship, how is your worship? What can you do to improve it?
3. What did you sacrifice to God in your worship this week?
4. Are you worshipping God out of celebration or desperation? What circumstances are you allowing to dictate your choice?
5. How does it make you feel that as a Christ follower your life is hidden with Christ in God? Col. 3:3
6. Share one way you can worship God at home every day?
7. How did your definition of worship change after hearing this message?
All on-campus services & events have been canceled for this weekend, but we prerecorded the message on Thursday and will broadcast it via our Internet Campus at the following times:
Saturday, January 30th
Sunday, January 31st
Help us spread the word, and join us online for church this weekend!
Dear Faith Promise Family,
In view of the predicted ice and snow storm for Friday and Saturday of this week, I wanted to let everyone know of some ways to stay informed regarding any changes or cancellations to our weekend worship schedule:
- The home page of our church website, faithpromise.org.
- WBIR & WATE post church cancellations and delays. Our information will be sent to them as well.
I would also like to remind you that even if our services are canceled, you may still connect via our Internet Campus, and you can always contribute online. Our online giving continues to increase, and we appreciate your faithfulness in furthering God’s Kingdom through Faith Promise Church as you give.
I am praying for a great weekend as we conclude our series, What’s In Your Closet? You won’t want to miss it as we look into God’s Word and learn how to “put on our dancing clothes.”
P.S. Our Internet Campus will be up and running regardless of the weather. Check it out at 10:00 or 11:45 am, or 9:00 pm.
Watch the video below for information on our upcoming Financial Management class.
1. What is in your closet that needs to be thrown out, not just reorganized?
2. Pastor Chris said, “Most of us desire the things God gives more than the God who gives.” Which of the two do you desire the most? How easy is it to deceive ourselves into thinking we are seeking God when we really are not? How do we learn to tell the difference?
3. What is one thing that has recently happened in your life that can only be explained by the power of the Holy Spirit?
4. Are there circumstances in your life where you place the blame on others rather than taking responsibility?
5. Pastor Chris used the illustration of God as a puppeteer. What string are you trying to control – marriage, family, time, finances, career – rather than allowing God to control?
6. What is one thing you can do this week to make room for the Holy Spirit to rule your life?
Here are the goals that have been established for Faith Promise Church for 2010: