Beginning this weekend, we’re getting into the Christmas spirit as we launch our new sermon series, Christmas Classics. If you’re looking for a church in the Knoxville area, we’d love to have you as our guest as we look at some familiar films and talk about the true message of Christmas.
1. How does gratitude relate to spiritual warfare?
2. For what are you thankful? For things? For relationships? For God?
3. How do you relate to the story of the ten lepers? Are you the one or the nine?
4. What’s the difference between being grateful IN vs FOR all things?
5. If you wrote a note of thanks to God, what would be in your note?
6. What are some ways you can show others you are thankful for them?
1. How does it make you feel that the devil is the ruler of this world?
2. Having things is not bad. Things having you is bad. What are some things that have you?
3. Are there any “Sodoms” from which you need to run?
4. Lot was not a witness for God in Sodom. How is your witness in your world?
5. Knowing that you are behind enemy lines, what are some things you can do to be prepared for the battle?
1. Who is on the “stool” in your home?
2. How did it make you feel when Chris described carrying the body of death?
3. How does it make you feel that there is a stool, a place of authority, in your own life that directs your life?
4. From the list in Galatians 5:19, which ones do you deal with routinely?
5. According to Romans 8:1, there is no condemnation for those in Christ. What does that mean to you?
6. What actions are you willing to take this week to place Jesus on your stool and not your flesh?
In case you haven’t heard, the 9 pm iCampus broadcast of Home Invasion was a huge success. To follow up on that momentum, I sent out some information to get new volunteers plugged in (iCampus administration, prayer, greeters, groups, and missions), and we already have a team of people ready to start a new weekly iCampus service.
The new addition will happen Sunday evenings at 9:00, starting 11/22/09.
I couldn’t be more excited about the opportunity to impact lives. I think this time has huge potential (people at home with the kids asleep, people bored and browsing the internet, sharing with family over the holidays, etc.).
Pastor of Communications
& Internet Campus Pastor
1. What are your thoughts about Satan? Is he real? How much power does he have?
2. Satan was described as our adversary, deceiver, tempter and hinderer. Which of these have you seen Satan be in your life or in the life of someone else? Describe that time.
3. What are some lies Satan uses to deceive us? How do you know the difference between his lies and the truth?
4. 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 talks about holding your thoughts captive. What are some ways to hold your thoughts captive?
5. We can’t resist temptation by our own will. Only by the power of the Holy Spirit can we resist temptation. How can we be empowered by the Holy Spirit to resist temptation?